[TowerTalk] J Bolt Specifications

Raymond Benny rayn6vr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 02:59:49 EST 2019

My USTs and older Triex tower call for grade ASTM A36 or F1554.

Most larger bolt stores either have threaded stock that grade on hand or
can order it for you.

On Jan 24, 2019 10:27 PM, "Edward via TowerTalk" <towertalk at contesting.com>
wrote:

I’ve had really good luck with Portland Bolt in Oregon. Give them the UST
specs and they will give you the same thing, only fully galvanized. Cheaper
too.

www.portlandbolt.com

73,
Ed NI6S

> On Jan 25, 2019, at 8:06 AM, Ron W8RJL <youngron at verizon.net> wrote:
>
> I have started digging the hole for installation of a used US Tower MA-40
with MARB Rotor Base. I contacted US Tower for a quote on four 3/4" X 27"
anchor bolts but they say that is not a stocked item so lead time is 6 - 8
weeks.

> If I wait 8 weeks to get the bolts then 28 days for the concrete to cure
that means 3 months before I can get the 3 element SteppIR in the air.

> Do any of you structual engineer guys out there know what specification J
bolt is needed and a good source. Shipping will be to northern California.

> I said J Bolt but I know US Tower is now welding two nuts and a washer to
the end of the 27 " bolt. Don't know if that is a structual improvemet over
a J bolt or just easier to manufacturer.