[TowerTalk] K0XG rotating tower bolt issue...

StellarCAT rxdesign at ssvecnet.com
Fri Jan 25 19:54:28 EST 2019

Bill,

Good to hear from you ... hope you’re well!

So – J bolts are used in the base – in to the concrete correct? Not what I’m talking about here. I’m talking about the bolts that go through the plate that the bottom section mounts to then down to the large gear. They’re literally 7 inch long 1/2 inch bolts with nearly 6 inches exposed between the two of them. Also that I’m aware of grade 8 isn’t available in stainless as SS is not strong enough. These are rated at 150,000 psi! [...and to those that have written – I have now written to Richard, I’ve not heard back yet.]

Gary
K9RX