[TowerTalk] My First Tower

w0jx at yahoo.com w0jx at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 1 13:54:38 EDT 2019

Ken,
Yes, avoid the Planning Department for sure. I have lived in four different communities and put up a tower in each and never obtained a permit!

Secondly, if I recall, someone on Tower Talk trimmed off the top of a strong tree and was able to mount a tribander on to the tree trunk. I have a huge ash on my lot right now that would serve well as a solid 60 foot mast!

Good luck with your project. You can do a lot with wire antennas is they are up high or configured to develop gain such as a half-square or extended zepp.

73, Dennis W0JX