[TowerTalk] HDBX Version History...

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 1 23:10:14 EDT 2019

Ah, yes! I now recall that I used to know this. Maybe what he had was a
Spaulding version? But it definitely had the swaged, stepped-in taper,
instead of a continuous taper like Delhi. Maybe it was a Spaulding? A
little bot of Google-fu turned up that when Rohn bought Spaulding, they
changed the design quite a bit and used heavier gauge steel. From what I
read, the Spaulding and Rohn BX series are similar in name only -- no
parts are interchangeable. Still, the Rohn documentation says no booms
longer than 10'. I have to wonder of that's simply a holdover form the
Spaulding rating or of Rohn re-engineered all the ratings?

Kim N5OP