[TowerTalk] HDX 555 Motor Drive BEaring

Mac libbysales at austin.rr.com
Sat Jul 6 13:25:03 EDT 2019

Rick i feel and have experienced the same i think as you have
expressed.  remote for me is just too risky, up or down..  i got so much
crap passing thru several loops and then getting it on the ground in
some sort of organized heap is its own problem as well..

That all said, im the guy who is always late getting it lowered and damn
that typically brings some excitement with it and the static build up on
my elements when that drains off..  But even then i will not be a remote
guy, my best effort is i have made up a hand held pendant up / down
controller with a 100' cable, so i can roam around and check from
various positions and sight lines.

Also in my case the i really like seeing the limit switches and the
traveling actuator moving toward or away from the actuator or limit
switch [HDX-589 model] so overall im trying to say for me and my
situation and safety, ill still go out in the rain, gusty winds and take
care of business.

And let me add,  at the outset i never gave much thought to the PULL
DOWN feature, but the way and how my location is set up here, i truly
have seen times when the "up lift" was such a force it took the
mechanical effort to bring the tower down, usually of short duration,
but it does occur in gusty winds.

Best 73:  mac/mc  w5mc