[TowerTalk] TowerTalk DiRe: HDX 555 Motor Drive BEaringgest, Vol 199, Issue 9

Charles Gallo charlie at thegallos.com
Sun Jul 7 15:00:05 EDT 2019

That actually sounds like a design or maintenance flaw.
First, limit switches should have stopped that.
Second, the motor should not be able to produce enough power to break a lift cable in good condition, it should stall/clutch before anything fails in the lift chain

Properly maintaining your cable (properly called Wire Rope), and checking your limit switches should be an annual thing
(And yes, I know it is somewhat controversial, but to me this includes using a proper wire rope lube on your wire rope annually or more. I know we used to do it on our hoists all the time)

--
73 de KG2V
Charlie