[TowerTalk] Deviation from plumb

Ed Earthlink sawyered at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 8 15:28:27 EDT 2019

Rohn Tower specs discuss 0.5 and 1 degree out of plumb for some construction
tolerances.  That would be ½ a foot to 1 foot out of plumb at the top for a
100 ft tower.  I think “perfectly plumb” is a visual thing and not a
mechanical strength thing when you are talking inches at the 100 ft top.
You can “make it plumb” with tensioning the guys but honestly is taking a
few inches off the top necessarily helping the strength if it is stressing
the base to get there?  Not sure.

Plumb has more importance on rotating masts I believe.

Ed  N1UR