[TowerTalk] Fair-Rite and Tariffs

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Jul 15 15:57:09 EDT 2019

I just bought 12 #43 toroids from Arrow Electronics, partly for
research, but mostly to get free shipping on a small order. They shipped
from the Netherlands, possibly to avoid tariffs. It is my understanding
that this tactic is rather widely used. Bottom line -- if you're buying
stuff like this, it's worth shopping around, especially with vendors
with significant world-wide presence. I've found Arrow to be a
particularly good vendor for relatively small purchases -- free shipping
for web orders over $50 for anything in stock.

73, Jim K9YC