[TowerTalk] Travel trailers & efficient antennas?

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Tue Jul 16 01:11:37 EDT 2019

I've operated mobile after disconnecting my truck from the trailer at an
event with 50 others, most running on inverter generators.  A short
drive (1/2 mile) and RFI was much reduced.  This was at Black Rock
Desert Playa, so ground conductivity was probably near salt water.  On
40m results the results were amazing with a Hamstick and 100w.

Better to move away from the camping area to a more promising location,
IMO.  Maybe not as bad if all power is from the grid.

Grant KZ1W