[TowerTalk] correcting aluminum tube

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Wed Jul 17 17:06:09 EDT 2019

Here is what worked for me when internal sleeving booms damaged by
overzealous U bolt tightening.  Way more damage than "faintly discernible".

Chamfer the male end with a smooth file, slather on a lot of Penetrix or
No-Alox or similar on both ID and OD (cleaned first), put a wood block
against the male part far end to hit with a mallet with somebody holding
the out of round female section. If you can't get it started, then
expand the female end with ideas mentioned, or make a tapered plug to
flare the end a bit.

Grant KZ1W