[TowerTalk] Remote coax switch with no wires?

Gary Smith Gary at ka1j.com
Thu Jul 18 13:21:59 EDT 2019

Mike,

I stand corrected, the unit you brought up
below is indeed wireless. The person I
talked with last night at DXE said their
only wireless unit was 4 position.

Looking at the cost, I'd probably be
better with the GH in that it has 8
connections. The power rating is the same,
I have to see what it can tolerate
SWR-wise, the one you mentioned has its
stats at SWR 1.7:1. As my HF antennas are
all wires in trees & I have none with
pulleys, the swr does change at times when
the wind is blowing. When I'm QRP, there's
no issue, when using my old tube amp, it
has no issue with changing SWR and neither
does my old Ameritron switch. I do want a
switch as rugged as the Ameritron (which
amazingly was easily salvageable after
being under salt water in Hurricane
Sandy).

Thanks for the pointer.