[TowerTalk] Have you had success with ....

Jarek Pawlega va3ncd at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 14:02:25 EDT 2019

My two cents...
I'd say the gluegun stuff isn't something I'd be willing to trust do the
job right.
I use thick wall aluminim tubing for my mast that extends bout 10ft from
the top of my tower. I've closed the top side with one such large, black
vinyl cap, fairly lose fit, so I used a silicone sealer on the pre-sanded
top of the mast, wiped it with isopropyl alcohol, just before applying
silicone and sliding the cap on.
It lasted about ten years since the last time I needed to take down my
steppir for maintenance. Last April, when I was replacing my tower, I had a
hard time removing the cap, ended up cutting it along the side, so I can
pull it off.

jarek, va3ncd