[TowerTalk] Have you had success with ....

Richard Smith n6kt1 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 20 21:35:08 EDT 2019

 I believe that the rope in the elements, specifically the element tips, is particular to the Hy-Gain yagis, at least the 20, 15, and 10 meter designs. I have seen a Hy-Gain yagi, a 5 element 15 meter yagi, with most of its element tips broken off by regularly occurring, but not huge, winds. The yagi was built without the rope in the element tips that is shown in the manual for the antenna.
I replaced the element tips in 1992, with the rope in the tips per the instructions in the manual, and did not have any element tips break off during the next 17 years of service at the same location.
Just sharing my experience.
73, Rich, N6KT