[TowerTalk] Spiderbeam

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sun Jul 21 09:48:30 EDT 2019

The spiderbeam has a 32' long boom and 32' long "DE".  That makes
walking up a tower with the antenna in place rather difficult as
the lowest one can get the top of the tower is about 15' unless
you are using something like a "HexLock" from NN4ZZ!

Even then, one needs to put the Spiderbeam three or four feet
above the HexLock in order to have room for the bottom stays
on the spiderbeam (HD) structure.

I have an HD SpiderBeam that never went up due to the mechanical
issues with a tower and building it in place on even a short
crank up "tower."

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV