[TowerTalk] Feedline Conduit Insights please

Mac libbysales at austin.rr.com
Wed Jul 24 22:13:52 EDT 2019

Go find a utility contractor installing fiber optic conduit. In reality
it is PVC  conduit on a very large roll, then called HDPE it is
continuous and damn near bullet roof ..

In my case i found the 6" stuff and 400 plus feet that was complete
excess and free for the hauling away it was brand new, but a scrap piece
to these guys is always several hundred feet plus, if you couple it, use
the Furnco rubber couplers like plumbers use.. but if you look around
enuff you will find exactly or better than what you were thinking and
the price is right and even if you have to pay,  really do you care,
one continuous length is great, super easy to pull your stuff thru, i
ran 2 each 6" runs from my shack to tower base inside an old traffic
enclosure box  then was able to run 5 each 7/8" heliax runs in one and
all control and power logic in the other, no water no fuss super good..

smallest size is usually 2" and goes up  its flexible and very
conforming to your ditch, using 10' or 20' pvc joints will pale with
this stuff .

I promise you once you start looking you will see way more opportunity
to find this stuff than you thought, regular electrical PVC sweeps will
fit up in the matching size using the couplings and your all set.

I would not go back to electrical PVC if given to me...

Good luck..

mac/mc  w5mc