[TowerTalk] US Tower Crank-Up Tower Thrust Bearing

Andy Brinkley nc4ab at nc4ab.com
Sun Jul 28 14:54:35 EDT 2019

The 2-1/16" measurement is correct for the Peer 2 bolt bearing that came with my US Tower.

 When I installed the mast in my US Tower I spent several hours trying to line the mast centered using the eccentric collar and finally figured out that the bearing was larger than the 2" mast and the eccentric locking collar was pushing it to one side.
I had cut some shim stock and put it between the bearing race and mast and was able to get everything centered up.

Andy / NC4AB