[TowerTalk] Radials vs. cows

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Tue Jul 30 15:58:19 EDT 2019

Since the Angus ate my coax that was tied to the barb wire fence, I
doubt your approach will last more than a short time.  My cow/calf ranch
was in the east San Jose foothills, not so far from you.  Add some rain
and adobe muck will bring even shallow wires to the surface.  Better to
rip a trench and bury the radials or go high with some elevated ones.
My verticals were on a galvanized barn roof (80m top loaded) and shed
roof (40m) and worked great.

Wire and plastic bits are a bad diet for cows, which are exceedingly dumb.

Grant KZ1W
now in green Redmond, WA

joke:  A cattleman who won the lottery is asked on TV, "Will you still
be a cattleman?"  He said, "Of course, until the money runs out."