[TowerTalk] Cushcraft A50-5 Mods

Michael Murphy mike at ki8r.com
Mon Jun 17 10:37:04 EDT 2019

I did the W5WVO mod on mine. It is currently at 70 feet and seems to
perform very well.

It is an easy mod that should take an hour or two to complete.

I don't have another 6 meter antenna to compare it to, but the comments I
have seen on the internet have all been positive.

Good luck.

- Mike - KI8R

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 10:20 AM Mike Ryan <mryan001 at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> As my larger seven element M2 six meter antenna is down for some repair, I
> thought I would temporarily put up a 5 element C/C A50-5 that has been here
> for a while languishing. It was never my intent to use this antenna as it
> was said to be a poor performer. But I read about a modification from K9MU
> and another from W5WVO each utilizing a longer boom.  Has anyone had first
> hand knowledge of EITHER or BOTH of these mods or ANY OTHER that I might
> try?  Any help and/or suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks in advance.   -
> Mike, K4CVL

*Michael Murphy - KI8R*

mike at ki8r.com

www.ki8r.com