[TowerTalk] CNT400DB UV Resistance

K9MA k9ma at sdellington.us
Sat Jun 22 21:18:20 EDT 2019

I have a source of Andrew CNT400DB, which I was planning to use on the
new tower. However, it's a "direct burial" cable, and I'm not sure the
jacket is UV resistant. The specs say only that the jacket is "Black
Polyethylene", while the non direct burial version is "Nonhalogenated
Polyethylene", which I suspect has better UV resistance. I know from
experience that the clear polyethylene used for coax center conductors
has very low UV resistance. Does anyone have any information or
experience with CNT400DB exposed to UV?

73,

Scott K9MA

--