[TowerTalk] VHF/UHF Common Mode Choke

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Fri Jun 28 22:28:28 EDT 2019

Can you please explain how a T-Match eliminates the need for a choke?
Fundamentally a T-Match itself is a balanced network, and unless you
purposely unbalance it I don't see how it eliminates unwanted
common-mode current.

And if you do purposely unbalance it in an attempt to eliminate unwanted
common-mode current, how do you conveniently determine when you have
done so?  You'd have to measure RF current on the outside of the shield
at multiple points on the feedline while hoping you weren't contributing
to detuning with your body.

Somebody smarter than me needs to explain all that before I buy it.

Dave   AB7E