[TowerTalk] Wire antenna?

Ken Bauer ken.bauer at mac.com
Sun Jun 30 12:42:05 EDT 2019

I’ve used the EFHW-8010 over the last year at 100’, no counterpoise, and have confirmed 98 entities on Lotw. Mark K6UFO just suggested that a counterpoise is needed: <https://www.w8ji.com/end-fed_1_2_wave_matching_system_end%20feed.htm <https://www.w8ji.com/end-fed_1_2_wave_matching_system_end%20feed.htm>>
I’ll be looking at adding that and other wire antennas as well. What has been handy for me is that the EF-8010 is end fed - XYL is very conscious of the appearance of her garden. Put a thin enough wire high enough it practically disappears. Hang a thick feeder cable from the middle - not so much.
Ken, WC6Y