[TowerTalk] Rotor options besides a Prop Pitch?

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Tue Mar 5 17:11:42 EST 2019

Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 20:45:35 -0500
From: <john at kk9a.com>
To: "'N2TK, Tony'" <tony.kaz at verizon.net>
Cc: <towertalk at contesting.com>, <rlvz at aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor options besides a Prop Pitch?

<I imagine that cost is K9OM's deterrent and not the noise. Having a motor spinning at 10,000 RPM turning your antennas is a sweet sound!

<John KK9A

##  I have the small   K7NV  PP rotor.   Motor is just  4800 rpm.   Takes  1 min and  50 secs to turn once.  I also bought a small  PP  back in
1978..... paid  $75.00  for it !   It too took the same  1 min and 50 secs to  turn once.   And both are quiet.   The K7NV  unit, with the GH
control box is  even quieter, if run  at lower rpm.    But of course it then takes longer  to turn the ant. The GH control box for the small  PP,
consist  of a modified  GH  RT-21   rotor control box.    The oem  RT-21  control box  has had its  internal xfmr replaced with a  hammond unit.
Same  0-9  speed  control  , and ramp up  / down features.   Whats  loud and obnoxious is the long tube headers  and supercharger on my 2010
Mustang.   That you can easily hear  2-3 blocks away, when  fired up.

Jim   VE7RF