[TowerTalk] Securing vertical to concrete post?

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 6 08:48:20 EST 2019

On 3/5/19 4:20 PM, Gary K9GS wrote:
> I'm looking for ideas for securing a large HF vertical to a concrete post.The post is approximately 10" in diameter. It is also near saltwater so corrosion is a concern.I've thought of using several large SS hose clamps but even the widest ones I could find are 3/4". I'm looking for something a little more robust. I do not want to drill into the concrete out of concern for letting in moisture/saltwater. Any ideas?73,Gary K9GS

What you want is apparently called a "pole strap mount" or "pole band mount"

They're available in a variety of sizes and strengths and are used for
things like mounting signs and electrical equipment (and, now, 5G cell
stations) on power poles, light poles, and the like.  If it can hold up
a 15 kVA transformer, I think it can hold up your antenna.

Materials include aluminum, galvanized and stainless steel.

Here's an example:

https://www.hubbell.com/hubbellpowersystems/en/Products/Power-Utilities/Line-Construction-Hardware/Brackets/For-Transformers/Banded-Pole-Mount/BRACKET-TRANSFORMER/p/1644089

https://www.hubbell.com/hubbellpowersystems/en/Products/Power-Utilities/Line-Construction-Hardware/Brackets/For-Transformers/Banded-Pole-Mount/BRACKET-TRANSFORMER-BANDED-CLUSTER-ALUMINUM/p/1644071