[TowerTalk] Weatherproof Remote Antenna Switch Box Plus

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Fri Mar 8 18:11:00 EST 2019

Hoffman boxes are great but very expensive.  Their competitors are a bit
cheaper.  Here is a much cheaper alternative from Harbor Freight
https://www.harborfreight.com/3800-weatherproof-protective-case-16-516-in-63927.html

Basically knock offs of Pelican watertight cases but at a fraction of
the price.  I use the smallest one for an HT, extra battery, charger.
Another for my truck tool kit. The larger ones will handle a compact all
band radio, my K3 will fit.  All the foam is precut and removable.

Often on sale as shown.

One other solution for large boxes is to use a steel office cabinet with
doors. Throw away the shelves.  Really cheap at auctions or used
dealers.  $199 for this one:

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/945923/Realspace-42-Steel-Storage-Cabinet-With/;jsessionid=0000OXyY69cxI1dd1RzSOoXc0Fm:17h4h7b45

I needed one this size for my entry panel & conduit terminations (4 in
the bottom/side x 2 out the back conduits).  A Hoffman box this size
(42h x 36w x 18d) is over $1.5k.  A couple of coats of paint, a glued on
drip edge over the door and all is well inside and out after 5 years in
Seattle rains.

Grant KZ1W