[TowerTalk] Thrust Bearing for Use with Prop Pitch Rotor

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Mar 11 10:13:39 EDT 2019

A long time ago I had a US Tower with a flange style bearing supplied
with the tower and there were no fit issues, or any issues for that
matter. Flange bearings are readily available in a lot of sizes under
3".  Maybe a 2 3/16 of 55mm bearing would fit a 2" mast OK?  A 3" should
work with a 2 7/8 mast.  Finding this style bearing for a 3" galvanized
mast may be more of a challenge but I have not looked. I tried Rohn's
bearing once too. The first one that I purchased did not turn brand new
out of the box and the replacement started getting tight after six
months of use in Aruba.

John KK9A

STEVE, NR4M wrote:

Jim,

How is the fit on the ID?

So, many of this type of bearing will not work due to the tight
tolerances. A mast that's been galvanized usually will not fit.

73 de Steve, NR4M

Sent from my iPhone