[TowerTalk] Fwd: F-connectors

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Thu Mar 14 18:52:30 EDT 2019

A lot of tradeoffs can happen with "RG6" since there seem to be about
100 versions called RG6 and the flood of Chinese stuff with unknown
specs.  CCS center conductor with unknown Cu thickness.  Or solid Cu if
you pay.  Flooded or not.  PVC or PE cover and more.  2 shield or 4
shields. Is the shield plated steel or Al or Cu? Braid coverage?
Unspecified contact area in an F connector. Foam or solid insulation?
It is generally optimized for VHF to GHz distribution frequencies and
every penny that can be saved is.  You can buy RG6 for < $0.005 per foot
on ebay.  OTOH, Pasternack RG6A/U CCS center, Ag plated Cu first braid
no foil, Cu braid no foil second, $3.26/ft.  Spec'd to 2700VDC. wow!

I recall W8JI has something to say about transmitting with RG6.  Check
his web site.

Grant KZ1W