[TowerTalk] ground,good or bad ?

John w5jmw at towerfarm.net
Sat Mar 16 20:14:28 EDT 2019

I am wondering about nr of radials to run.I understand that over water you sometimes hurt things by adding radials over water…
At our new qth (3 yrs) I am finallyn putting up the vertical phased antennas for 80 meters.We live in an area that has clay down abt a foor to 6 inchs  below.Our water from ¼ in rain stays around for days.then the ground is moist for abt a week.We dug a trash burn pit abt 6 mos ago.Abt 6 ft deep by 10 ft…It is full of water..Our last rain was 4 sdays ago…it’s not draining well due to the clay.Is this considered a good ground? Are radials a good idea ?thanks,john w5jmw

Sent from Mail for Windows 10