[TowerTalk] Results of Rotor Survey, Non- Prop Pitch

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Mar 25 14:21:15 EDT 2019

People "vote" on their experience, and tend to CHOOSE the lowest cost
product. The higher cost product may be superior, but lose out in the
selection based on cost. Also, as a subscriber to three
manufacturer-focus email reflectors, I see lots of rooting for the home
team, and seeing one's choice of rig challenged as an insult! Another
factor is the product reviews tend to be written soon after purchase,
before problems develop.

A FAR better way to choose products and mechanical issues associated
with a tower is to ask the professionals who install them and fix them.
The proprietor of this list, K7LXC, is one of the best. Hector, XE2K, is
another. So are those who maintain large stations, like W3LPL and K3LR.

73, Jim K9YC