[TowerTalk] HyGain T-2X

K9MA k9ma at sdellington.us
Mon May 6 20:44:53 EDT 2019

As my tower replacement project progresses, I opened up the rotator. It
was working normally before I took it down a few weeks ago, though it
sounded a bit rough. Inside, though, I found some serious damage to the
bearing races, primarily indentations. It had been in service for almost
30 years, inside the tower with a thrust bearing.

There's not much I can do about the bearing races. I'm pretty sure the
thing will still turn the antennas, though the ride may be a bit bumpy.
The only alternative is replacing it.  I'm considering just buying a new
T-2X, but I'm not hearing good things about the current versions. Any
suggestions?

73,

Scott K9MA

--