[TowerTalk] Dyneema ropes from china

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sat May 11 16:16:42 EDT 2019

Supposedly, there is only one Dyneema factory in the
world, and it's not in China.  Chinese vendors
claiming to be selling Dyneema might be substituting
some other material.  Fortunately, genuine Dyneema is easily
identified due to the extreme difficulty of cutting it
mechanically with a knife.  It needs to be thermally
severed.

Rick N6RK