[TowerTalk] use Rohn 45 as a gin pole

terry burge ki7m at comcast.net
Sun May 12 23:26:53 EDT 2019

Hi folks,

I'm planning on using 20 or better yet, 30 feet of Rohn 25 as a ginpole to raise my Rohn 45/25 two section  crankup/tilt over second tower. The last time in Keizer I had a pipe of well casing I think that was about 15-17' above the concrete. It was a big as me and my friend Bill could handle and setup in the hole. This time I'm planning on making the ginpole out of Rohn 25. It will be guyed well of course. But I was wondering if anyone else had tried to use Rohn 25 as a ginpole to raise about a 1000 pounds of larger tower. Also this time I wanted to go a bit taller with the ginpole to make the single or double cable from the winch have less of an angle when it's up near vertical.

Any thoughts?

Terry

KI7M