[TowerTalk] terrain for a 4SQ system

Mpridesti mpridesti at yahoo.com
Thu May 16 19:07:03 EDT 2019

Jorge

I had an 80 m 4 SQ on the side of hill. I did as VE9AA did. Elevated feed points level with each other. The feed points on the low side of the hill were 15 ft high where the feed points at the higher side of the hill were 5 to 7 ft high.

I started with 8 radials on each and worked fair. Then I added another 8 radials later and it really began to work!  The pattern got noticeably better by probably 10 dB.

Front to back and front to side performance became much more pronounced.

Regards,

Mark, K1RX