[TowerTalk] C31XR modeling question

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun May 19 18:51:48 EDT 2019

On 5/19/19 3:29 PM, Tom Hellem wrote:
> Has anyone ever tried to model in EZNEC a C31XR tribander, the one sold by
> JK ?
> I would specifically like to know how to model the feed system which
> consists of two pieces of aluminum angle that connects the feed terminals
> of the 3 driven elements.

Since they advertise modeled patterns on the website, have you asked JK
for their model files?

I don't know if they're advertising gain in QST, for which they'd have
either model files supplied to ARRL, or measured data.

I didn't see this antenna listed here
http://www.arrl.org/antenna-modeling-files

In general, you should be able to model it as a wire connecting the
appropriate points.  Set the wire diameter so that the surface area of
the wire is the same as the mounting bracket's. That way the skin effect
losses work out the same.