[TowerTalk] Calculating Forces for Tilting tower

charlie at thegallos.com charlie at thegallos.com
Wed May 29 11:15:27 EDT 2019

Hey Gang,

This isn't a snark answer - this is me trying to learn, I'm NOT an
engineer (although some call me a 'software engineer' - bah)

Where do those 2x and 4x numbers come from?  I _ASSUME_ it is standard
engineering "stuff".  Now I have a Machinery's Handbook, and a Marks
Manual sitting here - is there a section where I can look this up, so I
can understand it?

I'm assuming it is the simple ftlb model, with the ratio of the 10ft and
40 ft, but that doesn't seem to take into account any vectors on the
load too (of course that gives you a nice safety factor, always a GOOD
thing)

73 de KG2V

<snip>
<snip>