[TowerTalk] Calculating Forces for Tilting tower

Dave Tipton, W5DMT dave at w5dmt.com
Wed May 29 18:45:42 EDT 2019

So, first off, thanks everyone for the repliers.

I intend to use a 3000 lb winch, and I did like the idea about sistering in
some extra 2x4's.   (I was already looking at doing that, and potentially
cross guying that with a piece of EHS to the other side of the garage.)

I saw one post about 2 sets of guys, and that information is patently false.
Per ROHN's catalog, only one set of guy sis required at 40 feet.   2 at 50.
A call to Rohn, confirmed this.

Otherwise, Thanks for the good information.

Dave