[TowerTalk] Galvanic Protection of Guy Anchors

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Thu May 30 16:35:09 EDT 2019

I did what Steve suggests on a new tower anchors.  There is a 20 mil
thick 1-1/2 or 2" wide black vinyl (like thick 33) tape that is used for
covering buried black iron gas lines.  I put a 50% overlap wrap from
concrete to a foot above grade as one layer of protection, then that was
covered with asphaltic roof paint.  Available at HD.

Some gas line I put in once had a special paint that the inspector
required over the tape, which would be another paint choice if it can be
found.  Since it was code for gas line, I thought a good idea for buried
anchor rods.

Grant KZ1W