[TowerTalk] Ferrites 31 vs. 77 material

Jack Brindle jackbrindle at me.com
Sat Nov 2 16:48:13 EDT 2019

Sadly, there is much evidence. Fair-rite quality really took a hit after they moved production to Asia. So much so that many companies have had to institute new QA procedures on incoming product to see if the characteristics come close to fitting the requirements. One of the biggest ones is large 60Hz transformer toroids that were failing in normal service because of the manufacturing issues. The company does still have some non-Asia manufacturing capability, and many companies are specifying product only from those sites.

So yes, the toroids do have issues that are very problematic.

Jack, W6FB