[TowerTalk] Fwd: Old Hardline

Hans Hammarquist hanslg at aol.com
Wed Nov 13 23:11:53 EST 2019

 Hi Bill,
I don't think you will have any problems with that. I would think that the cable companies (or whoever ordered it in the first place) ordered anything that would go bad in a short (<20 years) time.
You said there were no signs of oxidation a few inches from the ends and the attenuation is well as expected. That's a good sign.
I'm using very old cable TV cables up my tower and that works well for both HF, VHF, and TV (don't tell anyone).
I would think that the problems we had with coax cables from the war are taken care of by now. The dielectric in my TV cable was white with no discoloration unlike old coax from the war era that became yellow after some years and, by then, lost some good characteristics like low loss.
Just my penny. 73 de,
Hans - N2JFS