[TowerTalk] Fwd: Old Hardline

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Thu Nov 14 11:43:18 EST 2019

I use Heliax on all HF bands and for me it is not a waste of money.  A
decent coax like LMR400 will still cost $1 foot and it is nowhere near
as tough as hardline. I direct bury Heliax in terrible soil. Also I
use LDF2-50 or old LDF4 sections for my temporary Beverage antennas so
I don't have to worry about the cables getting chewed up.

John KK9A - W4AAA

Jim Brown K9YC

Jeff,

To me, the greatest value in hard line is at 20M and above -- maybe 40M
for very long runs. That's where I'm using it in my station. It really
seems a waste of money on 80 and 160 unless you've got very long runs.

73, Jim K9YC