[TowerTalk] Multi sheve pully

jcjacobsen at q.com jcjacobsen at q.com
Thu Nov 14 21:36:05 EST 2019

Yo,

Dave, K4TO, is searching for a way to lift a rather heavy rotor. LOTS of suggestions. Here's mine:

Dave, look at Northern Tool. I think this link will get you close:

[ https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/category_material-handling+hoists-lifts-cranes+rope-pulley-hoists | https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/category_material-handling+hoists-lifts-cranes+rope-pulley-hoists ]

Inexpensive and they work. Well under $15. I replaced the poly rope with a nylon braid. Easier to handle. Doesn't twist up and look like a snake.
I believe its a 4:1 or 5:1 lift ratio, so good force multiplier. I don't know if I'd trust it for overhead lifting of real heavy things, but it would probably work for what you need.

That is all.
73 K9WN Jake
OUT