[TowerTalk] Weekend from hell

Wes Attaway (N5WA) wesattaway at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 18 14:36:36 EST 2019

My previous suggestions accidently went only to John and did not go to the list.  Here is what I sent a few minutes ago:  This is a repeat with one additional idea tacked on at the end.

Check your connectors and grounds that are inside the shack.

Make sure you didn't accidently over-drive the amp.

Check your main ground connection to earth.

If nothing bad is found then start looking at the feedline and outside connectors on your 80M antenna.  Depending on where the antenna is located, make sure it hasn't somehow started bouncing up against a metal object like a gutter.

Others on the list will probably come up with additional ideas.

One other idea I have is to bypass your amp and see what happens with lower power.  Alternatively, you could leave the amp in line and reduce the amp's power output to see if the interference stops at some lower power level.

Wes Attaway (N5WA)
(318) 393-3289 - Shreveport, LA
Computer/Cellphone Forensics
AttawayForensics.com