[TowerTalk] Weekend from hell

Wayne Kline w3ea at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 18 18:39:23 EST 2019

Ed,   This assumption that you antenna caused interference  is not an unsual phenominum.  I had an instance where a neighbor  on the next road over came to  our home claiming the antennas  9 Yagi antennas on 4 towers had captured all the TV signals in our area and her TV signal  was almost just snow because of it.  I and my wife listened to her complaint    and I tried unsuccessfully  to explain  A:  TV signals  are not attracted to my antennas like a magnet  B: the  TV broadcast signals   are not near the current commercial broadcast frequency’s  ( to no avail ) I offered to come over to  there home and examine there installation.

  Apon my arrival it was at first asseratained there home was not using over the air broadcast TV BUT Cable TV !!!!
  In inspection in the basement the owner and son tried to become cable TV distrabution engineeres.   Unseccesfully IMHO
 After removing not 3 but 4    3 way spliters and 8  uncompleted un crimped  connectors . After a trip to my home and returning with the proper tools I reconfigured and  MESS and installed the  un fastened ground  wire   at the entrance block.. WOW and  all  read  SEVEN TV’s and  one gaming console ??
Now   had a acceptable siginal

This happened during the height of the 2nd  Golf War and her husband was in the service and in the Theater . As a VET  prompted me to go above and beyond

GO figure

Wayne ,