[TowerTalk] Need a Knot Expert

Gedas w8bya at mchsi.com
Wed Nov 27 16:01:19 EST 2019

I really appreciate all the wonderful suggestions from so many ops both
direct & via the group. The joining of two ropes part is easy (even for
me).....my main concern was ending up with a loop to work with so I
could use it to hoist up a dipole end etc. As one FB op
suggested,,,,,just make a separate loop slightly above or below your
fisherman's knot that you used to fasten the two lines together !

That is super simple and yes, maybe something I will try or end up with
but i was wondering if there was a slick knot that did both at the same
time.

I am currently holding two ropes trying different ideas from several
people (not having much luck hi-hi).....I can do the fisherman's knot ok
and I have mastered the Bowline (by watching a video) but merging
everything into one so I kill two birds with one stone is still getting
me. But I will keep at it. TU everyone very much and I hope everyone has
a Happy Thanksgiving. 73

Gedas, W8BYA

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....