[TowerTalk] EHS leads for Phillystran

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Thu Oct 3 10:38:32 EDT 2019

An added observation is the preforms on boom guys can interact.  I
notice this on my 10m 5 + 5 stack with swr a bit off.

These antennas previously used Nicopress sleeves on the Phillystran.
Recently, I discovered this is a termination method ok'd by Phillystran
up to 1/2", four copper sleeves per termination.  Optionally, wrap with
#33, which adds UV protection for the Kevlar should any be exposed (I
don't see any exposure on previous gen boom guys).  I also think the
Nicopress results are better than using cable clips as there is
immediate deformation of the plastic cover so the compressed sleeve
bears on the kevlar.

Grant KZ1W