[TowerTalk] M2 OR2800 upgrade...

Jon Pearl - W4ABC jonpearl at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Oct 7 20:57:22 EDT 2019

After seeing M2's recent advertisement on the OR2800 Upgrade Kit, I
inquired about its pricing and parts make-up through their website's
'contact us' page, some weeks ago.  I received a phone call from Robert,
KR7O, a couple of weeks later with his best guesstimate on pricing, etc...

Today I received an email from M2 with firm pricing and the kit's URL:

Hello Jon,

Here is the pricing on the upgrade.  It consists of a complete new top
casting with the upgraded collar (using dual seals and bearings).  A new
drive plate (what your mast clamps connect to) is also included since
the old one is not compatible.  New hardware is included to attach the
top and bottom castings.

$328.99 – Round drive plate (2” mast)

$339.99 – Oval plate (up to 3” mast).

https://www.m2inc.com/or2800g2-upgrade-kit/?ctk=a32b585a-de53-4b45-896d-b7efbfb8346f