[TowerTalk] Finding a trucker?

cpitts at ec.rr.com cpitts at ec.rr.com
Tue Oct 15 12:18:47 EDT 2019

Hi Paul, you may want to check the links provided below. I used
something similar to these links (there are others) to have large items
such as what you are dealing with shipped to my location.

I did the research by using such links, contacted the seller with the
info. and provided the seller with options to find a local shipper
(trucking company) in his area that would serve both his location and my
location with a shipment called LTL (Less than truck load). We both
worked together to get it done.

The latest example I had was from upper Michigan to NC. Rate was
reasonable in my opinion but of course that is between you and the
buyer. Depends on how much the item is desired by the buyer?

Once item arrived in NC that trucking company for example RTL, Old
Dominion, Estes, etc. contacted me to arrange for the drop. If the drop
is made at a business address or the buyer (me) elects to pick up at the
trucking company site (terminal) the rate is less than a drop at the
residence (my home QTH).

Hope the links below work, if not use GOOGLE or BING to bring them back
up and view many others. The last link is a very good trucking/shipper.
The idea is to find a shipper near the sellers and buyer location that
has service to both those areas. Most large scale trucking companies
have terminals either nationwide or for example serve the mid western
states, east coast, etc.

Good luck with whatever you decide. 73! Ed K5OF in NC

https://www.freightquote.com/define/what-is-freight-shipping

https://www.freightcenter.com/camp/freight-services/v6?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=bing&utm_campaign=primary&utm_content=v6&utm_term=freight+service&msclkid=73edc72daf481fddc80e9a884da87cd1

https://www2.rlcarriers.com/freight/shipping-services