[TowerTalk] Tower Markings

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 21 16:15:47 EDT 2019

On 10/21/19 11:52 AM, john at kk9a.com wrote:
> What is the FCC definition of a rural area?
>
> John KK9A

Probably FAA is what you want.
One of the presentations by K1VR gives a number like 10,000 people to
make it "not rural"

The problem they are trying to solve is ag aerial applicators (crop
dusters) running into stuff that's hard to see.  So a practical
interpretation would be "if you're in an area where they do crop
dusting, you're in a rural area"

(mind you, when the Mediterranean fruit fly was a problem in Los
Angeles, they sprayed pretty much the entire city with Malathion/bait,
and under no stretch of imagination could you call Los Angeles "rural")