[TowerTalk] VSWR Changes with Power

Kimberly Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 22 11:54:41 EDT 2019

 Congratulations on chasing this down.

I struggled with something vaguely similar for the better part of a year. It was also a 90 deg connector, and was NOT an Amphenol. It got progressively worse until I decided I had no choice but to find it. I finally isolated to a particular 90 deg connector, it but it took forever and seemed to be different every time it showed up. I was curious enough that I carefully cut the offending connector open and found that the center conductor was made of two parts, threaded into each other. The threads had become corroded creating symptoms best described as weird. SWR varying with time, occasional dead receive cured by transmitting a single dit, strange intermittent received intermod... This took many hours for me to discover. After that, I now use only Amphenol.
Kim N5OP