[TowerTalk] M2 Orion 2800PX Controller

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Mon Oct 28 12:35:38 EDT 2019

Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 09:05:41 -0700
From: George Skoubis <geo.skoubis at gmail.com>
To: towertalk at contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] M2 Orion 2800PX Controller

<  My rotor turn turns the antennas but will only turn them about 200 degrees.

  <I tried doing the auto calibration but it continues to do the same thing.

  <Is there some limit programmed in the controller I need to clear?  Is 18 gauge too small for 600 feet on the two sense wires?

  <I will be cutting the rotor line to length when I get the trench dug for the conduit but the desert is hard here and I?m waiting for my excavator.

<Thanks

<George / W7GES

##  The  OR-2800  can be  programmed for  any  portion  of  the  360 degs.  IE...    0-360....  0-200..... 100-335  etc,  etc.   Called  electronic
end  stops.  That  feature  was  for  folks  with   stuff  like  swinging  gates  etc....  where the  max  rotation  is  300  degs..b4  the  boom  smacks
the  tower  at  both  extremes.

## you  might  have a binding  issue.   Thats  why u test  the  rotor..with  no  mast  inserted  1st.      There is  also  a tap  on  the xmfr....  for  higher voltage .... for long
rotor  cable runs.

##  where  did  u  get  the  18  gauge,  10  conductor wire ??

Jim   VE7RF