[TowerTalk] High VSWR

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Sun Sep 1 15:21:24 EDT 2019

If  you had the freedom you apparently want, so would your next door
neighbor, the one who aspires to be a pig farmer.

I am in a rural setting (black Angus ranch) with no one to answer to re
my towers/antennas except the FAA and my nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile
away. I don't have to make many compromises about my structures or their
appearance as in 20 years I have pulled one permit, a septic system
install. No mechanical or electrical inspections or permits for houses
or outbuildings. My only defense in case a neighbor wants to start a pig
farm is distance. Distance from my house to various neighbors varies
from 1/4 to over 1/2 mile.  Luckily my neighbors are cattlemen not pig
farmers. Townie hams have my sympathy as they may suffer mightily at the
hands of the petty little minds in positions of power and control over
the actions of others.  The theory sounds good, protection of property
values and aesthetics, but the practice is not always fair.

Patrick        NJ5G